Reports has it that the lawyer representing billionaire kidnapper, Evans has accused officers of the Inspector General of Police’s Intelligence Response Team of extorting money and valuables running into hundreds of millions of naira from his client.
Olukoya Ogungbeje, who petitioned the Police Service Commission on Friday, also accused the officers of sexually molesting Evans’ girlfriend, Amaka Offor.
The petition was also copied to the National Assembly, the Inspector General of Police, the National Human Rights Commission, and Amnesty International.
For the avoidance of doubt, it is our secured brief that in the course of investigating our client while being detained in the custody of the Inspector General of Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT) on the allegation of kidnapping, the following under-listed items were forcefully and corruptly extorted from our client.
1. The sum of N50, 000,000 (Fifty Million Naira) cash.
2. Another sum of N5,000,000 (Five Million Naira) sent by our client’s wife as pressured by the above policemen.
3. Twenty-five (25) Mack Trucks forcefully taken but not listed as exhibits in the ongoing criminal trial of our client.
4. Brigade wristwatch worth One Hundred and Seventeen (117) Thousand U.S Dollars.
5. Pendant cross worth Seventy (70) Thousand U.S Dollars.
6. Necklace worth Twenty-Five (25) Thousand U.S Dollars.
7. Virtu Phone worth Thirty (30) Thousand U.S Dollars.
8. Virtu Signature Phone worth Seventeen (17) Thousand U.S Dollars.
9. Ten (10) Thousand U.S Dollars cash extorted by ASP Phillip Rieninwa.
10. Five (5) Pieces of Saphono Rucci Diamond Rings worth One Hundred (100) Thousand U.S Dollars.
11. Lexus 470 Jeep.
12. Grand Cherokee Jeep.
13. L 400 Mitsubishi Bus.
14. Toyota Highlander (Gold Colour).
15. Eighty-Five (85) Inches Samsung Television set worth 6.5 Million Naira amongst others.
“Our client also confided in us that one ( Amaka Offor ) his girlfriend was sexually molested and abused by the above policemen of the Inspector General of Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT), the petition read.
The petition urged the Police Service Commission to conduct an investigation into the incident and invoke appropriate sanctions including dismissal against the culpable police officers.